SharePoint 2013 Search Results Not Returned – Alternative Access Mappings (AAM)
Worked through a search issue last week. Hope this post helps to give some guidance.
We had a Default Zone URL called http://foo
It was extended to FBA on the Internet Zone with URL called http://bar
We configured a content source that crawled the Internet Zone, i.e. we crawled http://bar.
Here are the results:
http://foo (Default Zone Url)
- The search results web part worked correctly when viewed through http://foo
- The configured Result Query also was honored to help filter results.
- The search results links resolved as http://foo.
http://bar (Internet Zone Url)
- The search results web part returned all results when viewed through http://bar
- The search results links resolved as http://bar.
- The configured Result Query was NOT honored to help filter results.
We focused first on permissions with no resolution.
Then we started looking at the AAMs role in configuration.
After some initial positive results, we discovered this article explaining the situation: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sharepoint_strategery/archive/2014/07/08/problems-when-crawling-the-non-default-zone-explained.aspx
Summary: Always crawl the Default Zone’s URL! DO NOT attempt to crawl any other alternative access mapping URLs.
- Posted in: SharePoint